Tuesday 24 September 2013

The Benefit Of Using Social Network Site in Learning Language

Assalamualaikum w.b.t.

This Information was retrieved from  

1. Learning a Language Can Increase Your Intelligence

Studies have shown that learning a new language will enable you to:
  • Become smarter
  • Build multitasking skills
  • Improve your memory
  • Become more perceptive
  • Develop better decision-making skills
  • Reduce your risk of developing dementia
It may also:
  • Increase your attention span

2. Learning a Language Can Expand Your World-view

A new language will expose you both to new ways of expressing ideas, and to new ideas. It may:
  • Challenges your views
  • Enable you to better understand the world around you
  • Introduce you to new cultural, philosophical and religious perspectives
  • Open up opportunities to for you to study new things
  • Enable you to think new thoughts
  • Enable you to express new ideas

3. Learning a Language Can Increase Your Communication Ability

One of the main reasons for learning a language is that it will help you communicate. Of course, that ability to communicate goes beyond the new language itself. It can, for example:
  • Help you understand how others think
  • Give you a better understanding of how language works
  • Provide insight into the history of language
  • Improve your English

4. Learning a Language Can Help You to Make New Friends

Learning a language gives you the chance to make new friends with other people who:
  • speak the language
  • are learning the language
  • are interested in studying material written in that language

5. Learning a Language Can Improve Your Prospects

Learning a language can also help you if you want to:
  • Travel
  • Emigrate
  • Develop your career
  • Give yourself a worthwhile challenge
  • Gain kudos

Bonus Benefit: You Don’t Have to be Defined by Your Past

One other benefit: in my experience, learning a language can help set you free from your past. When I was at school, I was very poor at languages. During my formative years I had the opportunity to take French, German and Welsh. I was a poor linguist – possibly because I really didn’t see the point. One Welsh teacher called me a “dozy dormouse”, and I was constantly in trouble with the French Mistress for failing vocab tests. I learned to dislike languages, and dropped French and Welsh as soon as I could. I was hardly more successful with German, but didn’t drop it straight away because it got me out of doing sports, and I was even worse at sports than I was at languages. And as my German earned me an “unclassified” grade at ‘O’ Level, I was pretty much persuaded that I was simply no good at languages.
Fortunately, however, I choose not to define myself by my past. Just because I couldn’t cope with learning a language when I was at school doesn’t mean that I can’t cope with them now now. So, with that in mind, I’ve started a language course. I’m only about 10% of the way through, and I’m finding it tough. But I’m also finding it enjoyable. Moreover, I’ve discovered that learning a languageisn’t beyond me, which comes as a pleasant surprise.
That's all from me,thank you.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment